Viña Viu Manent is a family-owned enterprise founded in 1935 and primarily dedicated to the production and sale of high-quality wines in Chile and abroad. Its winery and vineyards are located in the Colchagua Valley.
Viña Viu Manent bases its corporate objectives on Sustainability, Quality, Food Safety, and the Environment, which are recognized as strategic pillars and our philosophy of working as a way of ensuring our commitment to our community, customers, collaborators, and the sustainable development of our country.
We are committed to:
- Conducting our activities within the applicable regulatory frameworks as well as in accordance with the principles and agreements to which we have voluntarily subscribed.
- Promoting continuous improvement in managing the Sustainability and Quality of the company using indicators that allow us to evaluate, verify, and report on the fulfillment of our objectives and goals.
- Satisfying the expectations and requirements agreed upon with our customers in terms of quality, quantity, and opportunity.
- Complying with the obligation to produce wines under the Food Safety Standards in compliance with sectoral laws and our responsibility to our customers.
- Maintaining fair labor practices in a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Encouraging the professional skills of our team, recognizing their strengths and abilities in their work, contributing with training and opportunities for professional growth within our company.
- Participating in multi-sectoral alliances to contribute to society through incentives such as knowledge management, innovation, social inclusion, environmental education, and biodiversity conservation.
- Acting within a framework of Social Responsibility in a manner that is consistent with corporate values, the Principles of the United Nations Global Compact, international standards, and the best practices of the industry.
The Viu Manent Corporate Management Policy constitutes the framework of action for the productive process with the aim of adding and ensuring the maximum value to the Company.
JOSE MIGUEL VIU BOTTINI
CEO – VIU MANENT
Viu Manent has succesfully applied to this certification and our wines are credited as “Sustainable Wine of Chile”.
Since 2012, Viu Manent is participating on the Sustainability Code program to obtain the Sustainability Code of the Wine Chilean Industry.
The Wines of Chile (WoC) Sustainability Code was developed specifically for the Chilean wine industry to set standards and provide a tool for measuring various sustainable practices throughout the entire winemaking value chain and comprises a set of initiatives and projects that aim to guide the industry toward sustainability, understood as the convergence of production processes that are environmentally friendly, socially equitable, and economically viable.
Thus, the Code addresses the wine sector’s needs for sustainable practices in three areas –Vineyard (Green Chapter), Winery (Red Chapter), and Community (Orange Chapter), and provides a Checklist of control points to be evaluated and a Manual with recommendations for each control point.
Viu Manent invita a todos sus grupos de interés a revisar su Código de Ética y Conducta, el cual expone los principios relativos a la relación con sus trabajadores, clientes, proveedores, gobiernos, comunidad, medio ambiente. Invitando a que, como parte de una industria que busca diferenciarse, apliquen en sus propias operaciones los principios aquí expuestos.
El presente Código de Ética y Conducta aplica en todas las operaciones de Viu Manent, por lo que sus colaboradores deben conocerlo y cumplir con sus obligaciones.
Este Código no fue concebido para atender todas las situaciones posibles, ni como un compendio de todas las leyes, reglamentaciones y políticas que pudieran afectar a la Organización. Por lo tanto, bajo ninguna circunstancia debe entenderse que este Código reemplaza o deroga otras políticas y/o procedimientos internos, sino por el contrario se complementa y/o integra con ellos.